The young man wasn”t ready to give God every area of his life. By holding on to his money
he missed out on much bigger treasure. He made a bad choice. What about choices that I make on an every-day basis?
Our every day decisions are affected by our way of thinking. ( Romans 12:1-2).
Misbeliefs about commitment to God.
- Fulfillment comes from things I have. The young man put his security in his riches. True happiness comes for the relationship with God. The biggest lye of this world “I will be happy when I get this”.
- Good deeds are enough to get into heaven. Jesus did not want young man”s good deeds. He wanted all his heart.
- it”s too hard, I can”t do it. Following Gods commands requires sacrifice: energy, time, emotion. We cannot do it on our own. We can only do it with God.
- it”s not worth it. Jesus promises that being a salvation is totally worth it.
- I have all the time in the world. We are not guaranteed next week or even the end today. Your life can be taken just like that. Amid sure you”re making the most of the time you have.